Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Hiya, my social worker is recommending 50/50. I obviously do not want this to happen as it will give him too many opportunities to get to me.

Does anyone have any confirmed research papers or opinions by authorities such as WA that says not to have shared custody kerb N abuser.

Thanks in advance.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Eeyote No More,

I’m not aware of any research papers on this, but my suggestion is to focus in on the children’s needs, making a list. You know your abuser and his failures better than anyone.

For example, safety, warmth, proper sleep, space and quiet time to study, proximity to friends, your ex having appropriate friendships and acquaintance and visitors to the house, routine, etc.

How would the 50/50 affect that could be your focus. Less space to study, for example, more travel time, less routine, safety and health concerns…

For example, my ex chose to move out in the sticks- more midweek travel time for my son, interrupting his school week. Trouble with transport, interruption of study, being far from friendship group, my ex inviting inappropriate people into his home and forcing my son to go to late night events mid-week…the list goes on! Never mind his games and abuse. Physical examples and details are what they want- nigbour opinion, unfortunately.

Looking up the rights of children may help you to express your concerns.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content