Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Thoughtitwasover
      Participant

Hi I’m new, (detail removed by moderator) ago when I finally broke free from my coercive controlling husband there wasn’t a forum like this. Sadly I’ve come looking for advice as after a silly row on holiday my DS phoned his Dad to come and get him. I respected his choice to get away but have struggled to make Any positive contact with him since. We have a contact order in place which states he spends alternate weeks of the holiday with his Dad so he went during my week and has now had his first week with his Dad. I’m meant to be collecting him (detail removed by moderator) but he won’t answer the phone. I know he’s been to (detail removed by moderator) to visit his (detail removed by moderator) but don’t even know if he’s back. I don’t want to make this worse but he’s given me no idea how long he wants to stay with his Dad and I’m worried he will be persuaded to stop all contact. My ex causes huge rifts in my family when I wouldn’t take him back and made false claims to as. It’s brought the trauma all back.

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is really tricky because of the age of your child. I saw it before it was moderated out. You know your child best, so will know what influences him the most. If he continues to ignore your calls, is there a family member who could chat to him for you?
      Hopefully he will calm down. Teenagers can play parents off against each other, especially when there is a history of difficulties between the adults.
      If he does not return in the next week or so, then you could perhaps ask a solicitor for some advice on how to proceed. At your child’s age, his wishes and feelings will have quite a bit of weight, so get some advice as court proceedings may or may not be helpful.

Thoughtitwasover
      Participant

Thanks @Marmot Yes it’s definitely a difficult age. Got 2 grown up children from previous relationship and had a lot of bother with the oldest son, in part due to the DV husband interference at the time. Now I realise what he was doing then too.(detail removed by moderator) With the DV history it worries me as I know one of the key tactics is to isolate the victim from their support network. He always comes back with attitude when he stays for just 1 night and it takes a bit of time for him to revert to his normal self. (detail removed by moderator) I worry that this has also played into the situation. 🙁

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content