Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      newyork
      Participant

Hi I’m new and left a few months ago with a young child. He used coercive control, controlling everything I was doing, from food to who I spoke to and whether I went out. I’m struggling now to sort out arrangements for the child and our finances with him. My abuser still presents this massive front of denial, about any of the things he has done. He wants to come and live nearby and have shared care between us. That is my worst nightmare. I don’t really know where to start – I’ve looked at various websites, but it helps to hear other people’s stories. I don’t know how to even have conversations with someone who is so manipulative. We are in mediation, but it’s like the conversations don’t go anywhere – he talks and talks and talks, and just lies. I end up so frustrated and angry – which doesn’t help anything either.

Lottieblue
      Participant

Hi Newyork. Just bumping your post up. I can’t answer your questions as I don’t have experience in this but there are others who do, for sure, so keep bumping until someone comes along!
      Good luck! X

Lotus20
      Participant

Hi Newyork,

Thank you for your post, I am in the same position and you and it makes me sick thinking of having any contact with him and I know would not do any good to anyone but how to minimise the damage I am also not sure.

I really hope some of the more experienced women here would share from their view.

Thanks again

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content