Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

This was a hard hitting storey that I read in the guardian , this lady was in hospital after an attack by her husband (Detail removed by Moderator). It’s horrific. She then had to fight him through the family courts for child contact! Her injuries were unimaginable, how can this be even considered? Her campaign is called I want my mum. It’s time the family court was revised. Apparently the courts cant cope with the amount of child abuse being reported. Scarey read but very informative re; rights etc xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

It just goes to show how deep this abuse runs deep within society.😔 we have a long way to go, but every journey begins with one step. 😃 #Iwantmymum
      IWMB 💕💕

Fleeingpixie
      Participant

Hello diymum

Is there an online petition? If I google I want my mum, in a minute?

I for one would sign, seems the courts will hand children over to anyone with a DNA link, regardless of their history.
      Despite my child’s dad sighting suicide when I left him years ago and then threatening me with knives when I wouldn’t go back, (Detail removed by Moderator), contact centre then on his own based on a letter from his GP saying he had no psychiatric issues!
      Whether it’s down to lack of training, knowledge, care, time or whatever else. I agree with you that something has to be done to make it a safer system.
      (Detail removed by Moderator)

Iwantmeback
        Participant

Hi fleeingpixie, it’s rubbish when they pass evaluation tests but on the flip side, you now know he isn’t depressed or has any mental health issues, he’s just wicked pure and simple. This can make how you’re thinking of him or treat him easier rather than tip toing for fear of making his ‘depression’ worse.
        IWMB 💕💕

diymum@1
      Participant

Hi to you both, she has a blog the first pictures of her I saw made me look away. Very hard hitting and very upsetting he messed her up pretty badly. I thought twice before posting this but I guess it is fact. To believe he was actually allowed the chance to fight through court is appalling. Although he got no contact in the end thank god! She has a blogg and has a few different campaigns,I see one is against these men getting legal aid, why should money be taken from the public purse to fund these men? Especially when it’s just another vicious tactic. I’m going to have a proper look today, I’d actually rather donate and cut down on what I’d usually spend for Christmas. What a brave woman. Have a look sone of her sites were blocked yesterday, not sure why xx 💕 💕 DIY ✌ love and peace x

diymum@1
      Participant

Fleeing pixie it is downtown lack of funding, when I mentioned DV at all the stages the professionals new, some made that clear but couldn’t always act due to lack of staff, attitudes of some staff ie easier to ignore it rather than address it. Blinkers firmly on. It’s just a case of banging your head against that wall until finally a small crack appears. Then finally there’s light and they listen xx DIY 💕

diymum@1
      Participant

Look up – Nerve magazine I want my mummy

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear DIYmum@1

Well done for raising this here for us all. Really shocking isn’t it.

The awful thing is if she were to take him in her children would be taken away too.

Lose lose. It’s absolutely horrific.

Men still own this planet.

I know not all men would ever lay a hand on their partners or wives, but I a truly sick of the way they have all their rights. After everything. Truly sickening

Warmest wishes ts

diymum@1
      Participant

This is our time though TS I hope in our life time we see change, in our education system for a change. Tougher sentencing for all crimes of DV. I’m hoping the courts will set up a statement the same as the CPS, like how they charge these men when women are too fearful to prosecute. That when DV is mentioned in child custody cases it has to be supervised access only. I honestly believe these men are poison for our kids, after all the next generation. They deserve more. I really want to campaign for this, I’m not sure where to even start. Maybe us women can get something organised and even make a small dent in this situation xx 💕 💕 ☺

diymum@1
      Participant

Another one xx

Kazz
      Participant

Hi so not quite as extreme but yesterday I got told by a solicitor that if my older son chooses to live with his dad then the judge may agree this and the same with my younger one and I will have to end up paying him maintenance! Is this actually for really? I’m a good mum how on earth am I supposed to Live without my children? he has completely brainwashed the older one of course he will say he wants to live with his dad, he would be to scared to say anything else! Don’t know if anyone has heard of golden child syndrome but that’s what is going on in my house to a tee. The older one is love bombed by him. His gone to the doctor’s, dentist etc and told them to put his number down as the main contact.
      When I changed it back to mine he asked “how dare I”. Can I actually lose my kids and home to this evil man because he has manipulated them and turned one in particular against me? It’s like Mental abuse is irrelevant, my kids will be damaged for life if they end up with this n********t, feel like I’m hitting my head against a brick wall, Some please tell me this is not true.

diymum@1
      Participant

If they’re older say above 8 and depending how mature they are they do get a voice. What is a stronger weight tho is a professional opinion xx you would really need to go down the parental alienation route through a therapist. The therapist can let the judge know what the outcome of the sessions with ur child are. If you can prove he’s being manipulated and coached then ur ex is abusing him xx he wouldn’t get them no xx

diymum@1
      Participant

It’s about proving the contact is detrimental xx it can’t be just your say the dr could write too xx

Kazz
      Participant

They are over 8 but they are still children and they don’t understand the games he is playing. My older one won’t even look at me, the younger one is a bit more fiesty but was sobing because his dad is nice to him but gets angry if he spends time with me!

diymum@1
      Participant

They are probably old enough to start teaching them about the rights and wrongs that people do. well their dad! its a bit of a mine field! you can show them examples that don’t mention him so that you don’t look like youre alienating them. not sure if you’ve heard of critical thinking there is a section in when dad hurts mum that explains how to do this. it does take time xx educating them is the only way really and therapy ? xx

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content