Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I had a phone call with a doctor because I am not feeling well I dont her the problems I had so many things to tell her about . After abit of me telling her she was laughting at me . I dont understand why she would be laughting because it’s not funny when I dont feel well . This is the only doctor in my GP surgery who talks to me in this way she really got me down .for laughting at me it ain’t nice . I wanted help with some illness because I want to get better I have lots of other things to deal with every day of my life so I wanted to make things bit better than I am feeling. I dont understand that a professional doctor could talk to me like this . I am just shocked it’s not the first time this doctor has been funny with me . I am going to stick to my own doctor who knows me well and looked after me and help me thought being poorly and under the weather. My own doctor is brilliant with me I just cant get it out of my head of the doctor laughting at me and not willing to do anything for me .

KIP.
      Participant

Jeez that sounds awful. I’d make a complaint to the practice manager and make sure you don’t speak to her again. It can really affect us when we aren’t validated and even more so when we feel we aren’t being taken seriously or being ridiculed. Not nice and not professional. It used to trigger me because it’s how my ex would behave. It can be really upsetting and bring up old feelings x

Rosemary
      Participant

That Is so true what your saying there it made me
      Feel like she was doing the same as my partner does which is laught at me it’s not nice . Also I agree with you it just makes us feel worse . I should not have experienced this with the doctor I will tell the practice manager what I went thought and tell them that I dont want to talk to that doctor again . Thank you for careing hun Kip

ISOPeace
      Participant

Rosemary I’m really sorry that happened, it sounds really horrible! Laughing at a patient is just terrible. She should definitely be reported. Even somebody who isn’t enduring abuse would be upset about being laughed at by a doctor.

Sometimes we will never understand why somebody did something. Who knows why she thought it was funny or that it was ok to laugh, but like your partner’s behaviour, it’s not your fault, it’s not ok. It’s all about her issues rather than anything you’ve done. xxxx

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello ISOPeace thank you for careing it’s so right what your saying that anyone would be upset being laught at and she was just doing same as my partner. The doctor has a problem and I think she in the wrong job if she cant even surport me . Xxxxxx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content