Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have split from my husband for several months and have just been really down. Been spending most days in bed while my house gets messier and messier.
      But today I woke up put some music on and thought thats it!! I’m not going to allow him to make me feel rubbish anymore.
      Been tidying up and having a coffee break now. Trying to focus on me now and get my life back in order. I’m fed up in focusing on what was, just trying to find a new normal now it’s been a long time.
      I’m appreciating the small things like being able to watch tv and listen to music it may sound silly – he was constantly on speaker phone speaking in a different language that I didn’t understand, so I couldn’t watch TV or listen to music because he would be shouting down the phone. I bought him headphones and he refused to use them, begged him to keep his noise down and he wouldn’t, or allow me to sit in another room to get away.
      It’s actually very liberating that I’m free!!
      Onwards and upwards

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful Angel…MeAgain,
      It’s lovely to hear that you are moving forward after it sounds like you had a period of time when you were a bit ‘stuck’
      I think the biggest thing I valued when I left was just how much I appreciated everything I had and could do, so much more.
      Do not let what happened to you be your story, it was just a part of your life and you will have much better stories to tell… do not be his victim a moment longer. Take the lessons in this experience to make you stronger and your life to have purpose.
      Get that music on, start to feel again and get to know who you are now and love yourself again.
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi Darcy, thank you for replying to me. Yes I think I was stuck and for so long I’ve had to bury some bad things and just pretend everything is fine and happy that it has taken time to process now that I can.
        I don’t want it to be my story, I want to be me and happily plans for the future now without him. Its so liberating to finally stand up for yourself and say enough. Looking forward to the future now, getting stronger both physically and mentally, I am about to do a home work out something I enjoy even if it’s going to be a bit hard as I’m quite heavy! Hope you having a good day too today, all my love to you xx

Darcy
      Participant

It’s lovely to hear you are standing in your power… doesn’t it feel good.
      You will have low’s but you have to ”feel to heal” and by feeling the lows means that you can feel the highs so don’t burry it, just let it rise and pass.
      I love how you are getting stronger physically and mentally, this will help with your self worth and strengthen your boundaries, which will serve you in any future relationships, romantic or otherwise.
      You go girl! xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content