Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      brokenmind
      Participant

I’m currently sat in a late night coffee shop trying (after a lot of walking) to figure out what to do. It all got a tad too much and I just grabbed my jacket and walked out. No idea how I’ve got here but not wanting to return. Just wanted to offload this for a moment. I don’t have any support etc other the one I walked out on. Scared, overwhelmed and detaching as I type. Is there anywhere safe tonight please or do I just keep walking? Mentally, I feel like I’m breaking. But there’s a tiny bit hanging on to a little bit of hope.

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello I couldn’t read and run. I hope you’re ok. I don’t have the answer but could you book into a hotel for tonight? Is the police station near, go there? Or there’s a 24 hour domestic abuse helpline run by Refuge you can call. Good luck xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi brokenmind,

How are you? Did you find somewhere safe to go? As Bananaboat has suggested, the 24hr National Domestic Abuse Helpline is available on 0808 2000 247. The helpline is able to search for refuge availability for you. If you are still in need of a safe place or someone to speak to then our Live Chat service is available every day until 6pm. The Support Worker’s won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you as well as search for refuge availability. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Please do keep posting when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa

StrongLife
      Participant

I ended up going into hotel then going to refuge. Hotel was cheaper one. I called domestic violence hotline to be transferred to refuge.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am so glad you are safe. Best wishes

Door mouse
      Participant

I hope you found somewhere safe

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content