Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Liquorice
      Participant

Everything is a mess,so much is out there now, so many people know so much, i wish id never said anything, it was easier to manage things when only we knew what was going on, people expect to me want to leave and feel like a w****o because i dont want to, hes gone away for a few days and im supposed to jump at the chance to disclose everything, but i just want him to come back and hug me and say its all ok. Those who have listened have been great and are supportive and helpful but always end up wanting tbe police involved and i jist cant do it.

dustypink
      Participant

hi,
      I am really sorry to tell this, but there will be no OK with this man, never!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

The best thing about support is supposed to be the lack of pressure, but just to hear and help when its asked for, but that can be very hard for any that do not realise how complex it is.

It’s amazing that that all have your back like his, and I’m sure they must realise that any pressure is switching you off and can actually start to feel controlling until you gel you have no control of your own left!

Maybe you can think thro something to say to help them understand that toouch pushing sis actually upsetting and like all things in life we do need to work stuff through for ourselves,as if they ‘forced’you out before you do it yourself you would be more vulnerable to returning to him and that can escalate the abuse significantly.

They must trust in your own instincts in this, and could help in other ways, like storing a bag of basic belongings should you have to suddenly leave, or kee ing important docs like passport, utility bill, and so on. Store cash or have post for you for a new bank account etc. All things are vital practical support that are going to make that jump all the easier, but when you have planned it safely with the helpline, or not, they won’t push you, but you can be in a better position to suddenly go should you have to.

Warmest wishes ts

Twisted Sister
      Participant

*It’s amazing that THEY all have your back like This

sorry bout my phone ,so fed up with it!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

*mustNT feel is going to switch you off

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content