Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Eggshells
      Participant

Well, it’s taken a while. I was filling out a form today and realised I’ve had (detail removed by moderator) different addresses since I left. That averages out as a house move every 4 months.

Finally, I’m in my own place and just got the Internet sorted today.

I start a new job soon too. It’s another temporary job but I didn’t actually apply for it (they saw my CV somewhere and asked me to interview), so even though its temporary, I see it as a bonus.

It feels like my life is coming together. Hang on in there ladies. It may not be easy when you leave but eventually it will come together.

Keep pushing ahead and you will get there – one step at a time. You can do it! xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Average one every four months! Horrible! I’m glad its coming together for you now. How did you even physically manage so many moves, let alone the costs involved?

nbumblebee
      Participant

@Eggshells im so glad things are finally coming together for you its exactly what you deserve sweetie. A huge good luck for the job im positive it will help raise your confidence levels.
      You have done amazing sweetie you really have I am so happy for you keep going foward keep being strong and enjoy the freedom of that house thats is all yours. Big hugs xxxx

Watersprite
      Participant

This is great news – what a journey but finally a place that is home – safe, free and yours ! Your rules let the light in 😃 so happy for you xx

Eggshells
      Participant

Thank you ladies. I’ve been very lucky I have two lovely sons who have wonderful friends who have helped me move several times. I’ve also put my stuff in storage a couple of times and just kept a suitcase full of clothes and a few precious photos with me.

So lovely to be finally settled. xx

Kitkat44
      Participant

Hello eggshells,

Such wonderful news to hear you finally have a place of your own. Safety and peace is priceless, thank you for reminding me as I’ve been having a wobbly day today.
      Sending love xx

gettingtired
      Participant

Yay! Really happy for you Eggshells 💗

Lifebegins
      Participant

Fabulous news Eggshells. And much love to you. You were here on my very first post (feels like a lifetime ago but boy did I need the help) and I’ve followed you and your journey too. The road is rocky and hard to manoeuvre at times but oh so worth it to get where you are now. Your story is inspiring. So glad to see and hear you share it 💪💪💪xx

Sending

Lifebegins
      Participant

*sending you a big virtual hug 🤗 xx

Jedi warrior
      Participant

Well done strong lady x

STAR1
      Participant

I have had a similar time of moving about every 3 or 4 months since my ex husband forced me to sell the home
      I had to get a restraining order to escape its taken over 2.5 yrs of healing and im now just starting to find my feat and offered a 6 month contract job yesterday. It was the best interview i ever had as i dont feel scared anymore. Im now a believer that life can start over 50

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content