Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      backtome
      Participant

“You are entirely the author of your own misfortune.”

I go through phases of feeling over whelming guilt over him and that he doesn’t see his daughter every day any more etc (my main guilt is for my daughter of course!). I saw this caption recently which was the quote from a judge sentencing someone for murder and I felt like it really resonated with me. It’s something I am now going to tell myself about him every day – it’s his own actions that made this situation, not mine!

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely true. You are not responsible for his behaviour. We would move heaven and earth to be with our children. Their indifference unless there is something in it for them is staggering. Believe me, the less contact she has with him the greater she will flourish and grow. Abusers stunt our growth and that of their children too. One day you will be grateful for his indifference x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content