Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Melonballs
      Participant

I know what’s happening in my head, even tho he was at it again last night…

I’ve viewed a few places in the last fortnight. Yesterday’s was lovely, if very, very small.

I know I should accept the tenancy, but I didn’t feel the ‘feeling’.

I know I haven’t the luxury like I would have, if I was buying in a normal situation. I think I’m using it as an excuse….

I’m needing to get out, before I have another breakdown, in talking to myself like I’d talk to a friend – giving myself the same advise. I know it wouldn’t be permanent, and I could get somewhere else, after the set minimum tenancy.

Seriously want to crawl under a rock, after about 3 months of being a bloodyminded wonder woman

Hawthorn
      Participant

No matter how small it will feel like a palace when it’s just yours and you’re not having to deal with him. I left the beautiful big house and garden that my husband and I own together. It was a prison. A cage is a cage no matter how big and beautiful it might be.

I live in a small flat now because like you I didnt have time on my side. It’s not forever but even if it was I wouldnt mind. Its MY space. Peace and quiet and I do what I want, when I want.

You’re doing great, it’s normal to have wobbles.xx

Melonballs
      Participant

Thanks Hawthorn! On the back of your reply, and a long chat to a work colleague, (who’s been through similar), I’m now waiting for a credit check to be done. Hopefully I’ll have the keys by the end of the month. There’s a bottle of red with my name on it, waiting to christen it!!🤞

Hawthorn
        Participant

Oh I’m so delighted for you! Such a big step towards freedom, really well done.

Enjoy the christening! Cheers🍷🍾

maddog
      Participant

I downsized massively. The children chose the house. I really wasn’t sure & I thought we’d be tripping over furniture all the time, if not climbing over it to get anywhere. A featureless small box. Our old house was far too big for us and when my ex moved out there were so many rooms we didn’t use.
      Anyway, we were bored of looking, and the house had good things about it, so we moved. It’s actually lovely living in a smaller house and there’s enough room for all of us. It’s still early days, but it feels like home although it’s pretty chaotic.

Having a space that belongs to us, and being able to do with it what we like, and knowing we have help as and when we need it is a huge relief. It’s amazing. The old house was big and old with bits falling off all the time. The garden too was quite big and a lot to manage for one person. Our new house is far easier and more manageable, and it’s so much better now I’ve got rid of all the stuff that reminds me of my ex. He’s like Groupon and the house was stuffed with things which didn’t quite work.

Trueblue
      Participant

You are doing great! Freedom! Small steps. Think one day ahead thats what i am trying. You can do it, you already are! Xx

iliketea
      Participant

Hahahaha @maddog LOVE that description!! “He’s like Groupon and the house was stuffed with things which didn’t quite work”!!! SO TRUE, went through the same, its so liberating!!

@Melonballs
      , well done, you’ll love it, what everyone says is so true, it will be YOURS! your space, it will feel free and safe and calm and happy and peaceful and quiet. Enjoy that wine! xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content