Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all
      So I’ve been in refuge a few months now and finally been accepted for management move. Bidded finally weekend just gone and I WON. Felt so over the moon and so excited to start a fresh. Well how that feeling slipped away.
      I had arrears on my previous tenancy and to be accepted for the new one they advised me to pay my arrears, which had acrewed because of my financially controlling ex. Anyway I paid the arrears with the money I have saved (over £1000) money I was going to use to start a fresh or money to use to go into private if council falls through. So I paid the money to secure my new tenancy. Next day (today) I received a phone call to be told that unfortunately the new tenancy will not be suitable as the children will have to share a room!!! I explained one of the children will be sleeping in with me but they completely over looked my situation. I was heartbroken, not only did it shatter my dreams of starting a fresh it has now left me completely skint!! I can’t believe how I have been treated. I was told to bid like for like, which I did and I’m still being penalised. I feel no way out. I have no money now for private renting and council seem to not want to help. I’ve lost faith in most professional agencies now and I’m frighting for me and my children’s future. I have emailed my cities MP this morning and I’m hoping for a positive reply. I’m so sad and disheartened and I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel. People really really wonder why woman stay with their abusers because all this stress just doesn’t seem worth it. Let’s hope fridays bidding has something

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I know this seems really unfair just now, try and look at it that it’s just not your time to move and that the next house will be better suited for you all.
      IWMB 💕💕

Thank you. I know me and my children are safe but I just feel so lost and alone. Feel like they have taken my money which I know I owed them but I had a payment plan set up, took the money and thought nah you can’t have it anyway. I’ve even spoke to my support workers and they are finding it difficult to actually help me because of all the misleading information I have been given from different departments.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, when it comes to misleading information I know what you mean. Have you complained the the head of the department that took your £1000 when you had an agreed payment plan? I Hope your MP can try to get the money back or at least get them to pay something of that money towards securing somewhere for you and your children. I don’t believe anyone now. I check and dounble check and question and get it in writing. So disappointing. Hang in there. In my experience it’s whoever shouts the loudest that gets heard. So make a fuss. Keep making a fuss. Pester power x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content