Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello anyone who may want to listen. I’m struggling I have worse days but I’ve been better. Ive tried to contact a private counsellor didn’t really get anywhere. Ive been to the doctors and they have recommended someone nelse to me who sounds great. I am on anti depressants and staying on them. It’s helping. I see my doctor every few weeks. I’m talking to someone new someone I am really fond of. He’s slowly learning to trust me. He confides in me and respects me a lot. He’s a genuine man. He’s also been divorced like me. We laugh so much together ive already met his family through the way we met (not arranged we just happened to be on a trip away with the same group of people). He’s the opposite to my ex he’s educated, successful, content in himself, doesn’t need go have a woman to put down to make himself feel good. He’s the male version of me in so many ways. We are taking it slow we can’t even risk saying that we like each other as we have both been hurt. Ive tried to stop talking to him but K felt so miserable. I felt it’s the wrong time. But instead of having fun getting close to one another it’s freaking me out at the thought of someone trusting me!!!! He makes me forget about what’s happened to me. But I’m at a stumbling block. Naturally we will get closer and things will develop but it’s causing great stress because my last serious relationship was an abusive marriage. I might try the freedom programme online. Does anyone have any tips I feel so annoyed that abuse in the past is still affecting the present for me. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Lovely positive story!
      Much needed here

So happy for you sounds like you could be happy

Anonymous
      Inactive

I live in total poverty
      He has a job and I haven’t at the moment.

I have no social life at all.

Educated helps I think.
      It’s the main priority

Anonymous
      Inactive

Past abuse affecting my life too but current abuse is worse it’s cunning and covert.
      Vile man.
      He’s b****y history!
      I’m not going to be a statistic!

Tiffany
      Participant

I am very much taking each day as it comes. Fortunately there are basically no eligible bachelors where I live so I don’t have to worry about dating, but I think I would freak out completely at this stage. I think the only thing you can do in your situation is to take things as slowly as you need to and just keep him in the loop. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. It’s frustrating but the abuse happened over the course of I am assuming years, so it is not really surprising (although deeply frustrating!) that the healing takes a long time too.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content