Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Doris
      Participant

OK everybody – advice desperately needed.
      I have posted several times that I find it so difficult to accept that my husband is deliberately manipulative. But the other day he did something that my sister, who was listening to my dilemma and excuses as to how my marriage could not possibly be peppered with manipulation and control, identified as an example of abuse.
      During a recent row I called him an ‘(detail removed by Moderator)‘. Not so bad I hear you say. But to me people are not intrinsically evil and I don’t know why I said that – it’s simply not very nice. So I immediately said sorry – no excuses but I was sorry that I had said that and it was not true. Well, his response was to write a short list of things I had challenged him on, such as his Jekyll and Hyde personality, and pin it (detail removed by Moderator) . ‘(detail removed by Moderator)‘ he said cynically. And there the list remains in full view.
      I have my own thoughts about this action but is it indicative of abuse? And why might it be considered abusive?
      Answers on a postcard – no, this site.
      Take care out there my friends.
      x*x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

His written confession for all to see. Either that or he’s petty and trying to greet a rise out of you. Stay strong my friend. X

diymum@1
      Participant

It’s all about one upmanship xx you’ve called him out on his true self and he dosent like it -he’s punishing you. What you have said has truth in it xx love diymum xxxx

Doris
      Participant

My thanks for your replies – appreciated. x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content