Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #107345

      Parental alienation and the family courts

      Has anyone read this? I couldn’t believe it when I did. It is exactly my story and a couple of months ago I lost residency of my daughter to abusive ex. He had no proof and yet was believed. Anything I said, especially if I did have proof, was ignored or used against me. Since residency change, my ex has not let me see my daughter, even though court order says I can every other weekend and he and his gf won’t let me have any time with my daughter in video calls; they sit in on every call and distract her with other conversations and games and even take her away from calls, so I’m just left sitting there and they tell her to hang up. When I tried to complain, ex has used it against me saying that I have anxiety and haven’t changed, so he’s using it as reason not let me me have the court ordered direct contact. Anyone else have this problem too?

    • #107349

      Don’t give up. Can you record these video interactions and keep building a case against them. Do you have support from women’s aid? Do you have legal representation and can you appeal the decision? Keep a detailed journal of everything that’s going on and build a support network round you. Can you ask for contact at a contact centre where he cannot refuse to drop your child there? Keep reaching out for help. Victim Support. Citizens advice, rights of women who offer free legal advice x there a chat service in here too x national domestic abuse helpline. NSPCC.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account