Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Stella Maria
      Participant

Hello 🙂

I’m wondering has anyone accessed their MARAC notes?
      I’m requesting mine but I don’t know what to expect. Will it be a full transcript of the meeting? A list of agencies attending and an action plan? I’m hoping reading the information will help me to make sense of my situation.

Also, (and this is probably one for the mods) what could be the reason that the outcome of the MARAC wasn’t fed back to me? In what circumstances would it not be appropriate to inform the victim?

Any stories of how a MARAC affected you would be nice to hear too-Did things improve significantly afterwards etc?

Thank you for reading and hopefully speak in the comments 🙂

Stella

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Stella, I too have a MARAC never even crossed my mind to ask about a copy of it. Will ask my WA support worker about that when I speak to her

Stella Maria
        Participant

Thank you for your reply 🙂

You can ask for a copy of your MARAC notes and your WA notes, it could be useful in understating your situation and you can check for any factual errors etc.

Please do tell me what your support worker thinks.

Good username too- I know you’ll get yourself back xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Stella Maria, do you have an IDVA supporting you with this? If not you could always try and contact the MARAC coordinator to seek some further guidance and information about what to expect from your request

Best wishes

Lisa

Stella Maria
        Participant

Hi Lisa thanks for your reply 🙂

I don’t have an IDVA no, although I did at the time. It was a few years ago but the abuse has continued. I have contacted the police for the information and am in the process of applying for it. Who is the MARAC coordinator? Do they work with WA?

Stella

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Stella Maria, I have sent you a private message with some further information

Best wishes

Lisa

Newbeginnings1234
      Participant

Are they supposed to give feedback about MARAC outcomes? I was referred twice and never heard anything back after either of them, even though I repeatedly asked about it. They just kept telling me not to worry about it. Maybe I should ask for my notes too x

Stella Maria
        Participant

Hello Newbeginnings 🙂

Yes, I believe the IDVAs role is to feedback the outcomes to the victim and to be ‘the voice of the victim’ at the meeting.

You can make a subject access request to the police for your notes.

Good luck xx

Newbeginnings1234
        Participant

Thanks, I might do that. I’m not sure how the first IDVA was my ‘voice’ as she only spoke to me for about 10 minutes and didn’t seem to have any information about me, then I never saw her again. The second one (after I moved to a different area) told me that I’d been referred again but then never mentioned it again. I never liked the fact that everything seemed to be taking place without any input from me and without informing me about anything that was said, so maybe reading the notes will help x

Stella Maria
        Participant

That’s exactly how I felt to be honest.

But you do have the right to access your information and in doing so you will be informed and empowered. Which is where we need to be.

I’m glad I’ve been able to connect with people in the same situation, it really does lighten the burden knowing I’m not alone. I know that sounds very simplistic but simple is powerful.

Good luck on your journey newbeinnings xx

Newbeginnings1234
        Participant

Yes, it helps to know we’re not alone. Good luck on your journey too x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content