• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kitkat44
      Participant

Hello
      I’ve been away from here a few months, wanting to leave but things were calm the last incident towards one of our children was just before (detail removed by moderator).
      Anyway I’ve arranged to stay away with our children for two weeks to have a break, I told him this (detail removed by moderator) and he was cross but went off to work we had a bit of a chat about it and he stormed out then went (detail removed by moderator) but was perfectly civil. Now he is getting drunk (detail removed by moderator) in the (detail removed by moderator). He’s quite cheerful but it’s just weird and really unsettled me.
      Any advice?

KIP.
      Participant

My advice is to get you and your children out of that situation. He’s trying to draw a reaction from you. The last incident where he abused your child should be the only reason you need to leave. To protect your child from child abuse. Children from abusive homes are far more likely to be abused as adults. It can leave them with mental health problems in later life. Abuse stunts their growth and their ability to learn and concentrate. Give them the best start in life possible and that’s one free from abuse. Keep your phone on you fully charged at all times. He won’t like it that you’re crossing him. However he chooses to hide it you will be punished and you won’t see it coming. He could change the locks. Refuse to let you back in. Essentially make you homeless during a pandemic. Get help from women’s aid and plan a safe exit.

KIP.
      Participant

He’s not acting out of character for an abuser, his behaviour is totally in character. Jeckyl and Hyde.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content