Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tagdigs
      Participant

I have a court hearing with my (detail removed by moderator) I’ve been in hospital (detail removed by moderator) this means I have not been able to prepare properly or secure legal representation. Does anyone know how I can adjourn the hearing particularly as at the last hearing because I didn’t have representation it contributed to my health difficulties. I am seeking representation but it won’t happen in time. I know I can’t prepare the information which leaves me even more frightened about the process at the moment, I feel sure I will be up to it just not at the moment. Does anyone know what I need to. Thank you

I would tend to get someone like the CAB to phone on your behalf, failing another option.
      all best
      ftc
      x

KIP.
      Participant

I would think a supporting letter from your GP and a letter from you explaining you need more time to prepare. Ring Rights for Women who offer free legal advice over the phone. Have you tried MacKenzie Friends. Depending where you are they can help you prepare for Court and attend with you for support. The helpline on here may have some good advice for you where you can find support and answers.

Tagdigs
      Participant

Thank you so much for your replies, my GP is happy to write a letter, MacKenzie friends seem to charge so not an option but I will ring Rights for Women. Thank you again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content