Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Suntree
      Participant

I was talking to my partner a few days ago and he brought up that he would like to adopt my children.

However I see that in order to do this we need the permission from all parties with PR ie the biological sperm donor (our emotional and mental abuser).

However as he is our abuser and will never give his permission to do this.

Has anyone ever managed to do this without the others permission? If so how?

I am petrified if I do track him down and ask for him to let them be adopted, then he and his family (as apparently his family will also have a say in this) will force their way back in just for the duration of the hearing and then disappear again, having completely messed with my children’s minds and emotions. And once again they will go through the abandonment issues.

My main reason for wanting this is so my children have a secure and safe and stable home especially should anything happen to me.

Thanks

Ayanna
      Participant

I think there is a way to bypass the abuser, but that can only be done once the children have a certain age.
      Call Rights of Women. Maybe they can advise you.

Suntree
        Participant

Thanks Ayanna. I’ve done some research and there is little help on this. There are warnings from some legal professionals saying that when the process start the “parent” and the “family” who were not in contact with the child in question tend to come back into the child’s life for the duration until the court hearing is done to stop the process and then disappear again, causing the child to go through the trauma of abandonment all over again.

At the moment him coming back into their lives as they are so vulnerable at the moment emotionally with other things going on is probably not a wise idea. I’ll keep searching for making that move in the future. It will have to be done before they are 18 to protect them. x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content