Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inneedofsomepeace
      Participant

It feels like the system is on his side, i don’t know what to do.

I have a restraining order and he hasn’t seen the children since we left. He has now said he has people looking for them because of there age they would have to look for me to find them and he would know where i am. But the police wont do anything because he hasn’t said he’s looking for me! All they have done is put a marker on my address so it flags up if I dial 999. I feel so scared I have no doubt if he finds me he will kill me. So I spoke to my idva who advice me to get a residency order with prehibative steps so he can’t take them, but when I spoke to the solicitor she adviced me not to because he could ask for contact and its unlikely he wouldn’t get some sort even if it’s supervised. So I can’t do anything other than sit and wait for him to find me. I am so scared.

To add insult to injury he has a new women who had the nurve to send me a message telling me  How dare she, she doesn’t know me I’d never even heard of her (removed by moderator) Sorry does anyone one have any advice I’m at a loss.

Suntree
      Participant

Contact Woman’s aid directly.
      Talk to your children about safety.
      Sorry you are going through this

myfairyqueen
      Participant

That all sounds very scary. I had to hide from my ex for a few months but now I am back living nearby but I have a restraining order in place. I don’t think he would do anything to me though luckily – it is all a front with him.

Make sure you have any form of social media or tracking locked down to remove that risk. Block the new girlfriend and remove any mutual friends.

Please read the book Why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft – it should really help you and it has links to other usual books. It is a really scary time if you really think he could kill you and it does happen so you need to make sure you are totally safe.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content