Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all

So, following very helpful replies on another convo on here, I’ve decided I need to leave my boyfriend due to controlling and threatening behaviour. Unfortunately I feel this is difficult as my boyfriend has been very helpful in other ways and has been helping me financially for and my business and worked very hard to help me (i didnt ask him to!! He insisted!).

He also made it difficult for me when he wanted to move into my place. He was evicted from gis apartment and had no where else to go. We were only dating a (detail removed by Moderator) and he insisted on moving into mine. I said I felt uncomfortable about it and wasnt ready but he didnt listen and I wasnt strong enough at the time.

Im so grateful for his help but this makes it very difficult for me as after all his help, it will be extremely angry if I now leave him. I shouldn’t worry about it but I am. His help has been incredible and I wouldn’t be where I am today without it but I’m worried. It will be very cold of me to just kick him out. He has threatened to kill me before I’m scared now.

What would your advice be

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the police. Threats to kill are extremely serious. You can talk to the domestic abuse police unit and ring the national domestic abuse helpline too, Abusers use fear Obligation and Guilt to trap us. He sounds very manipulative and extremely dangerous. You are very much at risk when you try to end a relationship with these men.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content