Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve posted before. I were in a lot of years abusive relationship. Physical emotional not just to me but my sons aswell. Horrific behaviour. Been left a few years now. I’ve tried keeping him out of his sons life as much as possible… so I’ve cut him of then sometimes hes been on the scene but still the same person. Our son is severely disabled. I’m the sole carer. I’ve let his dad take him in the past but it were just too much trouble for him.. he were trying to get a foot in my house using his sons condition to do it… he would say it’s easier if he could be in my house and how his son would be happier if he sees his dad at my house. When I’ve allowed this in the past its mainly been based around his dads needs…eg meals domineering the t.v criticising me although I’m doing an amazing job. Swearing at me aswell. When his dads had access in the past hes rung me up over silly things as excuse as to find out were I am. If I didn’t answer I’d get called an ignorant. Fk.er. his dad once said to his son in his (detail removed  by moderator) that if he didn’t calm down he would suffocate him and put him out of his misery. I keep his dad away now….. but he were making out that I’m being controlling for keeping my (detail removed by moderator) son away from him taking on board he has very profound difficulties….. does anyone think I’m being too harsh?? Xx

Hazydayz
      Participant

No! Definitely not! Your a protective parent! Your an amazing parent coping with what many don’t realise. Well done! đź’•

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks hazydayz. Hes used his sons deteriorating health to get a foot in. Trying to make me feel guilty for me not letting him see him. I’ve tried with him its same results… wants to no my whereabouts when hes had access.. never taken his son anywhere… he were indicating I should go with him and how our son needs us both basically we act as though were still together…. x

Wants To Help
      Participant

You’re doing your absolute best for your son, and keeping this man out of the way is for the best. It is a disturbing sign that he has threatened he would suffocate him and put him out of his misery, that is a huge red flag. It would seem that your ex cannot cope with your son’s needs by himself, but that does not mean that you have to suffer your ex’s abuse again just so he can see him, or is it he wants to see you? Know what you’re up to and keep tabs on you? You do what you think is best to safeguard your son x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content