Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Busyditch
      Participant

I’m having a moment of clarity….

I’m planning my exit!! But I’m trying to be careful about how I do this. I’m in contact with multiple agencies and I now know I can be taken to a safe house, I also know who I contact when it’s time.

I’ve spoken to a local cat charity and they can take my cat (she means so much to me) in as a temporary foster until I find permanent housing. I’m going to speak to my oldest son about the dog, I’m sure he will help if it means I get out.

I’ve also started to save bits of cash, it’s not a lot, but hopefully when I go it will help I’ve got no idea about or finances, frankly I will cross that bridge at a later date.

Any advice or tips would be really gratefully received. 🙏🏽

ISOPeace
      Participant

Yay! I’m so pleased for you. This has given me a bit of a lift to push forward with my plans.

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, so you might find the responses helpful: https://survivorsforum.womensaid.org.uk/forums/topic/exit-planning-advice-please/

Well done for making plans for your cat. It must be really hard but it’s the right thing to do for you and her.

Sending love and strength! xxxxx

KIP.
      Participant

The dogs trust have a freedom programme where they foster dogs from women fleeing domestic abuse. Contact them and ask about it x talk to your local women’s aid. They should be able to tell you about local help x

gettingtired
      Participant

Yes there are charities who can help you with temporary foster care if your family member isn’t able to help with taking your pet whilst you’re in a refuge. I know when I leave I’ll have to take pet with me as partner has made threats towards pet in the past to control me.
      It sounds like you’re in the process of organising and planning so well done as I’m sure it’s a stressful time. Let us know how you get on xx

Busyditch
      Participant

Things are beginning to happen and I’m so scared.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Busyditch

I just wanted to show you some support. You have done so well with reaching out for support.

If you need some guidance around safety planning you could have a read of this information https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/making-a-safety-plan

Take care and please keep posting

Lisa

Busyditch
        Participant

Thank you for your support. I’ll take a look at it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content