Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Scarlet
      Participant

Hi would appreciate any help please. I had a non molestation (detail removed by moderator) against a violent partner. This resulted in social services being involved and it was a horrendous ordeal. My social worker was horrendous, she went to see the boys dad and told him all that had happened and then my mum and dad. The boys dad went ballistic at me and my mum and dad were shocked and annoyed with me. Since then dad passed away and my mum is in a terrible mess. This man has not been violent since but if I ask him to leave he says things like (detail removed by moderator) etc, I don’t want to call the police as I cannot cope with the social services being involved again. (Detail removed by moderator) She had meetings in school and discussed my (detail removed by moderator) depression with school. I cannot cope with going through it all again. If I thought they would just come and see me and check the boys were ok that would be fine but I don’t want them going mums as she is in a awful state mentally and I don’t want them seeing the boys dad as he went mad at me the last time and isn’t aware I have taken this man back. Please help and I thank anyone who takes the time and effort to talk to me about this intolerable situation

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Scarlet

I am sorry to hear about your situation and to hear about your dad passing away, it must be a really difficult time for you. It’s disappointing to hear about your bad experience with social services and I can understand how this has made you feel like you can’t call the Police. You could try calling 101 and asking if there is a domestic abuse unit within the Police who should have a better understanding of how to help you.

The Family Rights Group advise parents, grandparents about their rights and options when social workers or courts make decisions about their children’s welfare. They offer advice, advocacy and campaigns for families whose children are involved with or require social services care. They also provide helpful advice sheets on all aspects of dealing with social services. They are available on 0808 801 0366 (9.30am-3pm, Mon-Fri), http://www.frg.org.uk/

If you haven’t already, you can also get in touch with your local domestic abuse service who may be able to offer some support and advocacy, you can find their details here; https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-directory/

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content