Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Lottieblue
      Participant

Hello Everyone,
      I’m new here, just coming to terms with what’s been going on for rather a long time.
      I want and need to start getting ready to leave. It’s going to take a while but it feels good to know that I am going to move in that direction. One day, I will be able to say ok, that’s me, no more.
      I am going to start keeping a record of all the instances of abuse. This is good advice, thank you. I can see that not only will it help me to build a case, but it will reassure me that I am doing the right thing when there are moments of doubt.
      I wonder if those of you with experience could share with me any advice on this front. From any perspective – how much detail etc, to what’s the best way to keep it hidden. What sort of book is best – presumable a lock will arouse suspicion if found?
      I am sure that there are success stories as well as lessons learned and I would be most grateful to anyone who is able to share.
      Thank you in advance. Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Can you open a separate email account and keep it quiet. Somewhere he can’t find it so not on a shared computer. Start at the very beginning and write down what you remember and rough dates and how these episodes made you feel. I used to email myself the incidents as soon as I could so the date and times were on the emails. Photograph any injuries and I emailed these to myself also. Dated and times on the email again. Think of any witnesses that may have seen anything. Names, dates times and incidents. Log the abuse with your GP. Excellent evidence. Perhaps if you have a friend you can trust you can email them and ask them to keep a file for you. Then delete any record of sent email and trash email.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content