Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tractor
      Participant

Hi

I’ve had this before but not this bad for last few weeks I keep getting what I think are panic attacks? I honestly feel like I’m having a heart attack like my heart is thumping and my hands feel like they are shaking? I run alot which seems to clear it but when it happens like right now I can’t run I feel like I’m dying it’s really scary . I read Google to try and understand it which helps because I’m reading and taking my mind off the actual tight chest. I feel like somebody is sat on my chest?

Also p t s d I often have bad nightmares it’s years now since the physical ex and recently the emotional one but it’s the physical one I keep going over . He does still cause me problems as we have children . Weirdly too I still feel physically attracted when I see him in the flesh have zero contact . Could this be p t s d?

Ah I just want to feel normal what ever that is!

maddog
      Participant

The side effects of these people are horrendous. What you describe sounds like what I am experiencing. My gp has given me all sorts of drugs to stop my heart exploding and my head falling off. The beta blockers, he said, keep the adrenaline from getting too much. The valium just knocks me out. I understand why it became Mother’s little Helper.

Can you get to your gp? And speak to WA?

I have been told by a rape crisis counsellor that I have PTSD, but I have no formal diagnosis. I still tend to think of war vets and emergency service workers as people who suffer PTSD, although my views are changing.

Countrylass
      Participant

Hello, I’m new on here. It sounds like u have had an absolutely awful time and deserve to be living happily again.

I don’t know if it was related to my relationship (ongoing) but I have suffered and been diagnosed with panic attacks before. I truelly understand how horrid it is. I used to have very severe attacks.

Number one…go to your gp.
      Number two..u can get thru this. I still get the odd little one or fluttery feelings but I genuinely believe this is something u and u alone have to seek help and get thru and u will I promise! It takes work and determination but u have already conquered leaving someone who made your life awful so u can definately thru these attacks.
      Number 3.. look into CBT via the GP. It helped me loads.

Sending hugs x

Tractor
      Participant

Hey country lass and mad dog

Country lass welcome to the boards this is the second time I’ve been on here. I have been on fluxotine which stopped a few months ago I’m thinking over going back again this week. Last night was awful ! Been alot better today.

Mad dog I’ve had valium before makes you feel space out.

I always find weekends hard x

Good samaritan
      Participant

It’s so wrong that survivors have to medicate to be able to feel able to cope with life. How is it fair that these abusers get to go on to do it to other people? I’m sorry I just find it all really difficult to comprehend as it is still quite new and raw to me

Tractor
      Participant

Hi good s

I agree it’s terrible ! The emotional damage seems to last a lifetime whilst they carry on sting the next victims life ! Slowly slowly they won’t even realise like I didn’t . . .

Tractor
      Participant

Ruining not sting!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content