Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Headcook
      Participant

I feel so ill nearly every day
      I ache I’m tired with no energy I feel like I’ve been kicked black and blue
      No interest in anything
      My asthma is bad
      I have developed severe reflux disease for couple of years
      Headaches
      I bruise easily

Will most of this improve when I’m out or at least ease

Hc

Wants To Help
      Participant

I definitely believe it will. Living in an abusive relationship is so debilitating. We live on a heightened state of alert, trying to pre-empt their every move and thought so we can change our behaviour accordingly in the hope that they won’t do whatever it is they are going to do. It’s totally exhausting.

When you get out it will ease, but you’ll still be apprehensive about some things, so it will ease with time. The longer you’re out the better it will get.

Are you close to leaving?

Headcook
      Participant

WTH

Yes
      Have started looking for a place
      Viewed a place this week it was perfect and I was so happy
      Couple days later property was withdrawn
      I’m devastated
      And been thrown back in to the gloom
      Knocked my confidence
      But I so have to leave this
      It’s making me feel so ill
      Have heard health improves
      When I presented to my gp
      And revealed my years of hell his reply was how I had presented to him so many many times all made sense to him

I just need to have hope I will feel better medically

Hc

Wants To Help
      Participant

So sorry that your hopes have been dashed for now, I can imagine what a knock back that was.
      It’s good that you are still determined to leave though, fingers crossed something even better comes along very soon for you.

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely you will improve medically. Google psychosomatic.for years the stress of the abuse showed in so many ways. Exhaustion, heart palpitations, overactive thyroid, a headache that lasted two years, back pain and chest pain due to the tenseness in the body. The body produces cortisol which is a stress hormone and is harmful. My skin was dull and grey my hair falling out. The last five years I was with him I was never away from the docs. I’ve been once since I left. Everything changes when we are free from abuse and trauma. The works looks brighter, we go from one happy experience to the next instead of one bad experience to the next. It takes time and patience and a willingness to embrace a new life. I don’t want my old life back now. He can keep it x

Headcook
      Participant

I am actually aware my conditions intensify around him poor breathing panic and anxiety are the worst
      I have no zest no get up and go
      I have massive weight loss thinning hair to kip and no colour about me
      I’m not kind to myself something I’m not used to doing
      My own mother had (detail removed by moderator) after years of alcohol abuse and being miss treated and cheated on by my alcoholic father
      So trauma in your life does great damage
      I have endured (detail removed by moderator) of abuse from son
      But when I look back I’ve had trauma. The whole of my (detail removed by moderator) years life
      How can I ever think I will improve

Hc

Hazydayz
      Participant

Believe! Headcook you just described my life except for the alcohol. Having to now live with Fibromyalgia after years of induring, on top of diabetes and asthma and the sense of loss of past and what could have been then and now and in our future. We can’t turn clock back but change with time💞

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content