Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      EbonyRaven
      Participant

I wanted to post in this section, just because I suddenly realised that I can now, that there is an after. It’s been so long seeming as if that would never happen.

I know there’s an extremely long road ahead, but you can only walk a step at a time and that’s what I plan.

It’s early days and I’m sure there will be a huge amount more dealing with the relevant authorities and support agencies. I’m also totally exhausted right now, I can’t remember the last time so many people called me. However, despite all that I shall keep reminding myself that I am now in the ‘after’.

Thank you all here for lending me your strength to actually make that call, and step through that door.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

You are amazing ebony, savour the moment💪🥂💜💚

fizzylem
      Participant

Yeeha! Amen to that. Great to post and great to read. Another one of us that’s made it. You are gone! Moving forwards. Life this way x

ashestobeauty
      Participant

Good for you my darling.
      One day at a time.
      Take care xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

ER, you always write such eloquent posts which tell me you’re a strong lady. I’m on the same journey as you and some days I’m fine and others I really struggle. I just tell myself to keep looking where I’m going, not where I’ve come from x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Lol well said Fizzylem, life this way. Freedom this way. Lots of legal stuff maybe still to come but at least you are out and away, that is the main thing. All the rest is secondary and you decide how and when it happens. Well done EbonyRaven and welcome to the life after abuse, one hell of an achievement! 🤗

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Thank you all.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content