Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightning-Jet
      Participant

I knew I was in for it as soon as he started drinking.
      17 cans of lager on one night. The real him comes out.
      Using my child against me was the ultimate.
      I tapped him to get his attention off my child and asked him not to use my child in an argument, he full on back handed me on the leg infront of my child. It stung & throbbed for a short time afterwards.
      No apology, no remorse. Nothing. He won’t talk about it. I tapped him on the shoulder, it wasn’t hard at all. To add to it, he had another 17 cans the following day aswell.
      Is this the start of the physical abuse?

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi LJ

This is physical abuse, get support because its going to get worse.

FS xx

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Thank you Falling Skys
        I think deep down, I should have got him out of the house or fled myself.
        I am seeking the support I need so I can get him out of my life.

Thank you
        L-J xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hey HUn

Please reach out for help , his drink is well out of control and you are got be at extreme abuse level in different forms

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Hi Confused 123,

I am absolutely making the calls today and getting that support in place before anything else happens.

His drinking is way out of control and its not getting any better. Well, its not going to get any better clearly. The drink just makes that side of him much worse. I told him that I will not accept alcohol as an excuse for his behaviour as there is never an excuse.

Thank you,
        L-J

Tiffany
      Participant

Good luck L-J. I hope you get the support to get out quickly. While that is happening I would recommend packing an escape bag with essentials for you and your kid for a couple of days and a bit of cash or a bank card in it, as well as having a plan of where you will go. I didn’t do this until I had been subjected to multiple incidences of physical abuse (and by the time I had packed what I needed he had explained why I was a total b***h who was overreacting and I had accepted it and stayed). I was pretty much out the door once I got around to packing my bag, and he knew I would leave if he touched me, so I never had to use it. But I think if I had had it before I might have got out sooner.

Woke up
        Participant

17 cans a night!! He’s a severe alcoholic only a matter of time before he blacks out and hurts someone x hope you leave him especially for your child x*x

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Thank you Tiffany. That is a great idea, I am getting a list together in my head and making a plan of when I can get the stuff together and get it somewhere safe.
        I am so sorry to hear what you have been through.

Woke up – he doesn’t drink like that every night, but he does drink every night. 17 cans both nights over the weekend, he hasn’t drank that much in a while. But just goes to show that things won’t change.
        He has never lashed out like that before, but I do fear there could be more if I don’t do something.
        I absolutely need to sooner rather than later. It’s just easier said than done

Thank you all so much xx

Confused123
      Participant

heyhun

thats a good idea tiffany has mentioned, have an emergency bag ready with yours and your son essential and improtant documents, if you can store it somewhere else store it if a friend or family will keep some stuff for u in addition to the emergency clothing bag which is always soemwhere close by for u

Lightning-Jet
        Participant

Hiya Confused123,

It is a very good idea, I will be leaving mine at my friends house or a family members house. I have blankets etc in the car too.

Thank you x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content