Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Muna
      Participant

For the last (detail removed by Moderator) months I’ve gone from drinking nothing at all to drinking till I can’t drink anymore. Tonight my oh asked y I feel the need to drink so much. (detail removed by Moderator) and sometimes I think about doing xyz to myself til I pass out or running away. I didn’t tell my oh I drink because of him. I’ve started on anti depressants which have helped massively, but what can I do to prevent myself being an alcohol dependant? My job is already started to be effected by this

KIP.
      Participant

You can get yourself away from the cause instead of treating the symptoms. Are you in touch with your local women’s aid? Have you spoken to your GP. Ask for councelling x

Muna
      Participant

Now he’s mad at me because I’m going to work.. He told me I need to call in sick coz I’m hungover and he’s angry and giving the ‘what ever then’ and silent treatment. I’m starting to think this is part of his control. A few weeks ago when it was really bad he told me he’s taking the kids and I won’t be able to get custody of them, maybe this is part of a plan to make me dependant on him

KIP.
      Participant

I had to give up work in the end because of the mental pressure he put me under. Keeping me awake all night etc. He wanted me at home where I could pay him all the attention. You’ve hit the nail on the head. I gave up drinking all together. I needed to keep my wits about me. So do you. Mixing drink and anti depressants is a very bad idea. Watch out for him calling you an unfit mother with mental health problems. They use anything X

Muna
      Participant

I cried when I read this. Sometimes it’s easier to think it’s just u and maybe, just maybe they are right and their perception is wrong and I’m crazy. When he stopped me going to work and said he wanted to spend the day with him I felt so anxious that I overdosed. I just wanted to fall asleep and not wake up til the day ended. I just feel so unable to cope even with all the support mechanisms around me

KIP.
      Participant

You are not crazy. You are abused. I had no idea what he was doing to me all those years. I had never heard of women’s aid and I was isolated. Knowledge really is power. Keep posting on here so you can see how he’s sucking the life out of you. Contact your local women’s aid or phone the helpline. You need to reach out for help. You can’t do it alone X X the horrible thing is that he knows exactly what he’s doing and he chooses to behave that way. Also, when your drunk, you are easier to control and abuse. Is he encouraging your drinking. That’s what mine did. Then abused me when I couldn’t fight him off. Nasty nasty people X

Muna
      Participant

Yes definitely encouraging it. If I stay in and drink with him I’m not going out with friends and I don’t text when drunk either so it means I’m isolating myself too. He hates that I have friends, always gets me to read my messages out loud and sometimes texts my friends more than me. He’s a charmer to everyone else

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content