Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aquawoman
      Participant

I told my husband almost (detail removed by moderator) ago our marriage was over, he took it very badly as I expected. Since then I have done everything possible to try and make the separation amicable but he has fought it. He has lived in the house the last (detail removed by moderator) but not contributed anything but yet will be coming out with significantly more money than me just to try and keep him happy and get him out of my life. We have been given a moving date of (detail removed by moderator) but Im not convinced that he will leave and that things will come to an unhappy ending. This behaviour can be very erratic and he’s already threatened to not sign the papers for the house and just refuse to leave. For me that would be the last straw.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Good afternoon Aquawoman,

I just wanted to acknowledge your post and offer you some support around this, as I can hear that it must be a really stressful time for you.

Abusers can be so obstructive when it comes to separation and legal processes, we know that they will very often use any remaining ties to continue to manipulate, abuse and intimidate survivors for as long after the relationship has ended as possible. It can be an incredibly traumatic and distressing experience.

This is the most dangerous time for survivors, so your safety is really important. Do you have support in place to help with the emotional side of what you’re going through as well as the practical side of things?

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content