• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Wllb
      Participant

To start off, my boyfriend and I (detail removed by moderator). Below, I will list all the things he did to me:

* Told me if I don’t get birth control i can’t come to see him
      * Cussing every day if I don’t follow his rules
      * Yelling almost every day
      (detail removed by moderator) and making me feel bad if i don’t want to do or if we stop while doing it and he didn’t finish
      * Didn’t let me play my music in car because it was bad
      * Told me why cry no one died i saw people struggling with worse issues and they don’t complain like you
      * Forcing me to fix things by changing my mind for example if i say I’m depressed he would say fix yourself and expect me to say I’m not depressed if i don’t do it his way
      * Stopped caring when i was suicidal before he used to write nice words now just ignores it
      (detail removed by moderator)
      * Called me b***h
      * Didn’t allow me to talk to anyone about our problems because it’s our business
      * Called me pick me when i asked for compliments
      * I said can we pls talk i feel bad i can’t sleep if i don’t know that we good he said i can sleep and just slept
      * Forced me to delete my friends because they cussed him once when they found out he cheated
      * Wants me to argue with my parents for him even tho they said they will kick me out if I continue with him and he then says God has place for me and i shouldn’t worry if they kick me out
      * Doesn’t allow me to post pics of myself on profile picture but he does
      * Never posts me on social media but wants me to do it
      * Doesn’t allow me to follow no men on social media even if they are cooking or anything even young boys
      * Saying it’s my fault he acts like that
      * Gave me cpr cause i wanted to sleep and he didnt let me because he wanted me to apologize and fix what i did
      * I need to ask for permission to go out always
      * I need to answer him immediately if I’m online
      * Complained if i liked posts on (detail removed by moderator) with men in them or pregnancy or cheating
      * need to tell him immediately as soon as i come home if i don’t he cusses and stresses me
      * Saying to my fav song that it’s depressing and bad
      * Kept nudes of himself in phone but i couldn’t keep even 1 pic of my body
      * Wanting to know everything in detail what i talk to family like to translate every single word
      * I asked for passwords after he cheated he didn’t wanna give saying he didn’t share before why should he now
      * I asked him to delete snap because he cheated on that and I just overthink that he will text someone again and he didn’t saying he doesnt want to delete friends
      * Saying he would die for me and he loves me more than he loves himself then saying don’t hurt urself when i ask if he meant it
      * Doesn’t allow me to go my home country to see my family saying it’s dangeours (detail removed by moderator)
      * Doesn’t allow me to go out until he trusts me because I ruined his trust by wanting me o make friends with men and women after we broke up

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. You have described someone who is controlling, wants to isolate you and has no respect for your boundaries.

It must be hurtful that he is unfaithful towards you- its not acceptable for him to treat you in this way. Domestic abuse is often rooted in misogny- he is not entitled to sex or your body.

I would encourage you to link in with your local domestic abuse service for that ongoing support.

Best Wishes

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content