Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwantmeback
      Participant

This is really playing on my mind. I can’t get out of my head how he was with my dog, is with his too. It’s totally against my beliefs to be with someone who abuses animals. How do I tell him this without it ending up in a cascade of abuse. I know he’ll turn round and say he did it because the dog bit him, he hasn’t accepted his previous behaviour has ended in the dog doing that. The dog has been warning him fir over a year to get away from him, but he’s not listened. I need to bring this up I know I do, but I’m really scared to. Will this nightmare NEVER end
      💕💕

Tiffany
      Participant

There is no way to tell him. Get out, get the animals out. You can’t change him. If you feel up to it then report him for cruelty to animals. The authorities might be able to ban him from keeping pets. Sadly there is nothing else you can do.

Apricotpoppy
      Participant

Hi IWMB, sorry to hear this. It is really unacceptable to upset you by hurting the poor dogs and it’s illegal. Animal cruelty and coercive control. No wonder the feisty one bit him !

Can you talk to the SPCA and your WA worker to support you all to go somewhere safer ? Like Tiffany says there’s not much point trying to talk with him. It just feeds into his games and you feel scared so don’t go there. Save your energy and gather strength.

Try not to think about him and his negativity. It can only drag us down. Breathe deep and put some nice thoughts in your mind or do a guided meditation. You have come a long way. Keep strong and be safe .
      Apricot poppy xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

IWMB, use this as a reason to spur you on to leave.

EbonyRaven
      Participant

I’m so sorry he’s causing the dogs suffering. He’s probably said all sorts of awful things about them being taken away, put down or similar, but that is extremely unlikely to happen if you speak to the animal safety/protection organisation and fully explain the situation.

They can probably get the dogs to a foster home until you are safe also and can get them back.

I truly hope you can get them, and yourself safe.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I am sorry he is cruel towards your dogs too, what a monster.
      It’s a good idea to bring them into safety, explaining the situation to an animal shelter, you get them back when you have arranged safety for yourself. I am bit worry though that he might unlash on you more if there are no dogs to get angry at. So be careful. Maybe get your phone ready to record or film his behaviour. Wishing you lots of strength, please stay safe and may he get hit by lightening and die on the spot!

KIP.
      Participant

You can’t deal with him. It’s very common for abusers to hurt family pets. It’s one of the safeguarding questions the police asked me. He’s hurting them simply to hurt you and see you suffer. It’s just what they do, I can tell you after I escaped one of the most upsetting memories I will always carry with me was him kicking throwing and punching my dog. That trauma will stay with you forever. Get out, get your animals out. I never got another dog after my dog died. I knew he would hurt it too.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi hopelifejoy 🤣🤣 unfortunately I think it’s the wrong time of year for lightening. I know what I should do we all do, I’m trying to find the strength, feel so very drained today. Thank you for everything you’ve all said. Landy you’re right this is my way out.

diymum@1
      Participant

IWMB, Its so hard to face this and be ready, to build yourself up when you feel like your constantly on eggshells and up against it all. You’ll do this when the time is right. Who knows whats round the corner, but hold it in your thoughts that freedom is on the horizon. This wont go on forever, this horrible time will pass for you xx im sure youll build yourself up again,I dont think you realise how strong and lovely you are. Your here for everyone,im sure karma will serve you well. Strong lady 🙂 sister sufferagette 😀 xxxx luv diy mum

Anonymous
      Inactive

IWMB, just wanted to send you a virtual hug x*x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hihi abit of sarcastic humor. 😉
      I know how drained you must feel. I can see that he is upping his abuse. This is not good. Can you get a bag with your basics and get someone to come get you, you and both dogs? Or someone to come live with you. You need physical safety. Please. You are such a lovely person. Keep strong, we all think of you.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hello everyone, thank you so much for all your support in this very trying time. I am feeling much more positive today, I spoke to a few people yesterday, I have a few more pieces of the puzzle in place, I will get away from him.😏
      Tapadh leibh 💕💕(thank you)

Ayanna
      Participant

In the risk assessment for victims of domestic abuse there is a question, whether the perpetrator also abuses animals.
      If he does the risk for the victim increases!!!

When I got out I totally blanked out that he abused animals.
      We had no pets, but he abused ducks and swans and scared dogs and cats and found it all very funny, whilst I cried inside for the poor animals. He did it unexpectedly, so that I was in the situation all of a sudden, paralyzed, in disbelief and feeling extremely ashamed for him. I could not criticize him, because if I did he would beat me and call me paranoid and the abuse would go on for hours once we reached home. He was that awful.

Be aware that he is an even greater risk for your safety, because he abuses animals.
      You need to get out. xx

Pasturesnew
      Participant

While I was going through divorce, I heard that my (now ex) husband had taken our dog (who was living with him and his new partner) to the vet to be put to sleep. Thankfully, the vet refused as the dog wasn’t aggressive and was young and healthy. My ex knew I’d get to hear about this – that was his intention, it was just another way to get at me. To cut a long story short, ‘our’ dog has been ‘my’ dog for a while now and no way is he going anywhere until the natural end of his life.
      I agree with the other posters and would advise you to leave and take your pets with you as soon as you can. All the best.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content