Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      lovelifefreely
      Participant

Today is the funeral of a lady (i did not know personally) who took her own life after being a victim of long term serious domestic abuse, even though the perpetrator is no longer with us, it shows that the scars run deep, and freedom does not come easy. It is a sad fact that this is not a unique situation, more needs to be done to prevent these situations. Lets all take a moment to be thankful that we will have the strength to survive, and to pause for thought of this lady, and a prayer that she may finally be at peace now. xx

hop
      Participant

What a terrible life that someone has to go to these lengths to escape such hideous memories. Rest in peace đź’”

lover of no contact
      Participant

God love her. May she Rest in Peace🙏.

KIP.
      Participant

Surviving survival is hard. There’s such a lack of ongoing support. Many people think once we are free from abuse we just move on. It’s something I’ve contemplated many times but have always thought I won’t give him the satisfaction. I feel so sorry for her family too. RIP sister x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Thank you for sharing this Livelifefreely, so tragic. Unfortunately, some survivors do not have access to the support they deserve.

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Another Death by DV’ is closed to new replies.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content