Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I can post this safely as my husband wont know about it. My brother rang me from abroad and spoke to me for hours!!!
      He wants to help me. We discussed my family situation and he too thinks I need to get out of this hellish dead relationship. He agreed all my husband wants is to see me submit.
      I am also invited to go on holiday with him and his wife.
      It was so nice talking for once. I realised half way through the conversation how isolated I feel being away from my relatives who live in my country of origin. I never truly understood till tonight. Just to hear his voice, his remarks, his humour, his perspective…i realised how drowning my situation feels. You end up not thinking right and having no one to help shatters your confidence, mainly the one I need to make a decision…
      Every day something takes place to teach me a lesson…

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Bridget, you can have the life you want elsewhere. It takes a leap of faith but you’ve left before and know you can cope. Once you get away from him permanently there is no one that can hold you back. You will thrive. Your children will see you thrive, will see you happy and make their own choices. One day soon your children will all fly the nest and it will just be you and your abuser. No witnesses, no distractions and I’m quite sure your punishment will be severe. Try to get out now while you have strength, solicitors, women’s aid. Trust your kids to make the right choice. We can only bring our children up until they are young adults. Then it’s over to them to make life decisions x I was so wrapped up in my abuser I couldn’t see the larger picture of how life could really be. It’s a bumpy road but when your self esteem and confidence come back, we are unstoppable. You sound a strong capable women, don’t let him make you think otherwise x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content