Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

The police want to (detail removed by moderator) which i found humiliating and i hate talking about these things as what happened had nothing to do with our sex life. He’s now trying to add me on social media again so I had to get rid of everything again. I’m so scared he’s going to make (detail removed by moderator). The last one got me suspended from work and I lost my university course, (detail removed by moderator). How can people get away with these things.

KIP.
      Participant

Do you have support from women’s aid, victim support or rape crisis? I’d definitely have a witness there with me. Please report any contact or attempted contact from him to the police. My ex made false allegations too so I can sympathise with you but hopefully the police know his game now. Ask the police what exactly they want from this new interview that they haven’t already got. You shouldn’t have to go through this retrauma again.

Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi KIP, (detail removed by moderator). My domestic violence worker discharged me before x-mas as she felt there wasn’t anything she could help me with….she wasn’t very helpful and when he made the first vile allegation she instantly assumed me guilty….It’s going to be horrible and i don’t want to re-live everything, I already don’t sleep and have horrible flashbacks everyday.

KIP.
      Participant

Are you getting some counselling? I’d definitely ask what they want from the interview. It could be that they’ve found other victims and are trying to corroborate her story. Don’t be afraid to ask what they want from you and ask about having your ex charged with lying to the police or wasting police time?

Anonymous
      Inactive

The police aren’t (detail removed by moderator) which makes me so angry, I lost my university course which I worked so hard for and I’ve just got back to work and being judged by everyone. He’s ruined my life and I’ve had several suicide attempts and had to move 3 times. He just walks around free falsely claiming benefits…I’ve finally been offered counselling but my work won’t allow me to take time off every week 🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex posted false allegations against me on social media and also reported me to the police. He never got charged for it. I strongly feel that the truth always outs itself.

KIP.
      Participant

Work with what they will allow you for counselling. Even if it’s once a month to begin with. It will build your resilience against his behaviour. Don’t give him the satisfaction of suicide, it’s a short term solution to a long term problem and you can get through this with help and time. Build a support team round you. Victim support and women’s aid. Keep reaching out. Try to concentrate on you and not him. Your life, your recovery, your future. He’s just an annoying piece of 💩

Anonymous
      Inactive

I keep hoping for justice…i think that’s whats keeping me going at the moment. That small chance that he will prosecuted so no one will have to go through what I went through. Finger’s crossed 🙁 Things need to change, they can’t keep getting away with everything.

KIP.
      Participant

Just do your best and see where it goes but remember it’s karma that will get him in the end. There may not be enough evidence this time but the accusations and statements are piling up against him. Just a matter of time x hold your head high that you’ve managed to get this far dealing with all this trauma. It really is a miracle we can get out of bed some mornings x

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thanks KIP x

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content