Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sapphire
      Participant

It has been (detail removed by Moderator) since I ended abusive relationship although only (detail removed by Moderator) since complete financially disengaged.

I feel really awful. So highly anxious, cripplingly so. I have been diagnosed with PTSD which has followed from an Incident at work.

I hate this so much, can’t eat, sleep, focus I have been signed off work. I have a wonderful new partner buy have such low confidence and self esteem I constantly worry he will leave me.

I really cannot go on like this. I am worrying about absolutely everything.

Hello there. I hope you are well. It is normal for you to feel like this. Have you had counselling? Write down what it is you fear and on a scale of 1-10 write next to it how likely it will happen. Try and keep a journal if you can to record how you feel each day it’s a way you can get your emotions out in a healthy way. Please keep posting here there are many ladies who can provide great support. Take deep breaths inhale exhale mediation is great and I would also recommend that you speak to your GP. Try practical things like having a bad, being around nature really helps. Gardening is too a fantastic way to relax. Stick in there x*x

Sapphire
        Participant

Thank you x Gardening does help, I am trying to help myself.

I look in the mirror and see this ugly creature staring back. I used to believe I was stunning. I had such confidence.

I have been advised I cannot return to work until PTSD has been treated. I really want to be better. I just want my confidence back. Several times I have thought about not wanting to be here anymore because the anxiety is so bad.

My partner is really supportive but I keep worrying about everything all of the time.

Thank you for taking time to reply to me.

Having a bath.* I promise you it will get better you will have highs and you will have lows. You have been through the ordeal of financially separating yourself from him which must have been difficult and I understand that’s why you feel the way that you do. Please do not keep anything bottled up x

Dear Sapphire, allthough it was (detail removed by Moderator) since you split with him, it was only (detail removed by Moderator) ago that you really severed all ties. From what you have said it is possible that you are grieving the end of the relationship as it is recent that the finances were sorted out. If this is the case its normal for you to feel so awful. Recovering from an abusive relationdhip is not like recovering from a normal relationship. There are so many mind games and stresses on your mental well being during the relationship, it takes its toll on you deeply, its like you have been turned inside out. I was so ill & almost sectioned due to my ex, we split months ago, unlike yourself we had no ties. But it is still is with me now, hence me posting so much on here. It takes time to recover from their craziness. I think as the time goes on and you build your independence and life now fully away from the ex’s grasp things will settle down for you. I read before that it is preferable to have at least two years being single after ending an abusive relationship, so that you can get yourself together etc. I’m not sure how long you have been with your new partner? but did you give yourself enough healing time before getting together with him? X*X

Sapphire
        Participant

Thank you so much for replying. I waited 3 years before I dated again as recommended by my GP. I have a wonderful new partner and I felt ready to move on.

What changed was I was attacked at work and this seemed to open the floodgates of anxiety. I have been told I have PTSD.

I hate this so much….I was so happy. I wake feeling numb, detached….I am scared all the time….I can’t eat….I cry often.

I have started counselling but feel worse….my thoughts are so irrational.

My confidence has all gone. I feel ugly…I am so rubbish at everything. This is awful.

want2change
      Participant

I feel for you. I have recently ended an abusive relationship and am having endless texts and phone-calls. I feel really scared and am very tense. It is hard to think of much else and he has made threats that have scared me. Someone is coming to help me next week from DV but it seems like a long time.

want2change
      Participant

I can only encourage you to go through with the therapy, I had it for ptsd about five years ago and it helped me so much.
      I was able to have a bath after about twenty years of not being able too without panic and flashbacks. I just wish I did it twenty years earlier ! Keep Going …

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content