Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      gettingtired
      Participant

Another horrible incident occurred last night and I’m beginning to wonder how much more I can take.
      Has anyone ever left where you’ve called your family to just turn up at the house whilst the abuser is there to help you move out?

I’m starting to think this may be my only option as he never leaves the house without me but unsure of how it will work out.
      I’m guessing he would either kick off and not care it was in front of my family or just leave out of embarassment?

I’ve seen people say that the police will assist you with leaving but surely that’s just when you need to grab a bag and go? I’d need an hour or two to move out. I can’t imagine police having the time or inclination to stay for that long.. I’ve also never reported him to them before and he has no criminal history so I can imagine them saying it’s just a normal relationship breakdown.
      I don’t have the strength to start reporting him at the moment. If I do, I will do it when I’ve left and safe.

Thanks in advance if anyone has left in a similar way and has any advice x

Hawthorn
      Participant

I’ve sent you a PM x

Hopefulwishes
      Participant

Hi

I’d like to know this too. I have however reported to the police and they wanted to arrest but I did a statement to say not to as I’m planning to leave. However they did say to me that they help with removals and do put another hat on and become removal people. You can ring 101 and enquire. They will make sure you are safe. This is an absolute last resort for me to do but I actually don’t know what to do anymore so I’m considering it.
      I too have had a really bad few days. I hope your ok and you can get out safely. It’s sounds like your getting out situation is very similar to mine. We have to do it. We have to get away.

gettingtired
        Participant

Thank you for your comment, I’ve sent you a pm x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content