Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      iliketea
      Participant

Does anyone have experience of this? There is a lot of talk of banks having domestic abuse and financial abuse policies in place now but has anyone tried talking to them about it directly? In terms of trying to renegotiate the mortgage and having him removed. How do you manage this situation if you have an ex who doesn’t communicate with solicitors and you are no contact because of DA.

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Would be interested too, in a similar situation. I did speak to 2 different banks in lockdown ,had joint accounts with him at both. Once I mentioned domestic abuse they were very helpful. I came off 1 account as it was his , the other I opened a new account as it was the (detail removed by moderator) one and my wages one. Once new one was sorted with wages I transferred all direct debits and closed the old one. They can’t normally do it without other person but in the circumstances, I’m no contact too, they were brilliant. May try mortgage company too

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content