Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Please help. I find weekends unbearable because there’s a lot of time to fill. Please can someone help me to find ways to deal with it?

cupofcoffee
      Participant

I love my weekends now, I can do exactly what I want!

I use it as pamper time, eating what I want, going for walks, shopping, cinema trips, watching what I want on the TV.

Could you make a note of what you want to do at the weekend then make an appointment to get it done, so that this weekend you could book an appointment to get your nails or hair done, have a massage?

Even when I am skint and the weather is bad I can stay in bed and watch a film, and not feel guilty!

Suntree
      Participant

It takes getting sued to but you will.
      I joined a outdoor club, gave me a reason to get up and get out.
      I used it to start rebuilding very neglected friends and I found that I made new friends where I would even just go out for a walk with them.
      That then gave me time to sort out the other things that had to sort out, go through my wardrobe and try on clothes that were long put away and wear them in another way.
      For me it was a mixture of me alone time and friends.
      I had to learn to do both.
      I also used he time to go away. I was given a tent and started to camp again.
      You will find something that suits you.
      Just takes a little time, a little learning and a little courgage.

Lightness
      Participant

Hi positive

I kick start my weekend with yoga to put me in a positive state of mind.

I have had to completely start afresh to build new friends in a new town – that has taken time but it is paying positive dividends now.

I enjoy being able to use my time as I wish rather than doing what he wanted.

I do get loneliness pangs sometimes but I don’t have the energy to have a relationship and I am very focused on getting my life sorted out first. That is a long way off.

One thing I have found helpful has been meeting a group of ladies on meetup with a shared interest. It is not related to abuse but we all all very supportive and inclusive. I think that makes a huge difference.

It all takes time and it isn’t easy

Lxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content