Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Bananaboat
      Participant

It’s like the whole world is celebrating the weekend, like the radio on a Friday constantly talks about how excited everyone is it’s Friday & the weekend, followed by Monday everyone asking how was your weekend. Whilst I’m over here hating that it’s Friday, knowing that means drinking, coming home late if at all, then sleeping in until lunchtime Saturday followed by his entitled behaviour, probably arguing, general abusive behaviour, not to mention his family’s involvement (his dad is super toxic, his mum isn’t much better). Then Monday I put on a fake smile to the world and say ‘oh I didn’t do much’. Roll on a random Tuesday or Wednesday not Friday I say 😂

Weemebreeze
      Participant

I can relate to this. I used to dread the weekends – he’d start drinking early afternoon until early hours, come to bed and snore, the room would stink of alcohol, he’d be in a foul mood in the morning, do nothing then argue and repeat. Drink again Sunday whilst watching sport, argue. It was utterly exhausting. I left a (detail removed by moderator), and hated weekends for totally different reasons, I felt desperately lonely, traumatised, tormented by him, confused etc. After finding a great councillor and spend8ng time with old friends, the past few weekends have been the best I’ve had in a long long time. I’ve done nothing in particular, just walking and coffees. I just wanted you to know I felt the same as you and assure you that there is a better option out there. X

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Can also relate.Saturday was the day I was expected to dress up. I wanted to just be in comfortable clothes. Sunday he’d always want sex in the morning , he too would reek of alcohol. Love I can wear slobby comfy clothes now and do what I want on Sunday morning

nbumblebee
      Participant

Yep. I hate that theres no where to hide no escaoe at weekends cause hes always here even though he often checks up on me during the week at least i can get out alone. Weekends i cant, its about drinking and sex and doing what he wants. I hate them too you are certainly not alone. Stay safe sweetie xxxxxx

Stargazing1
      Participant

I too hate the weekends .

Stargazing1
      Participant

I hate the weekends for similar reasons to the posts written above .

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content