Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sweet4
      Participant

i have done nothing but reach out as much as i can.
      First time i have had to go on UC.
      Solice have put me in contact with a Careers Advisor, hes useless, all i do is chase after him, i leave him numerous emails. He just says hes busy, sent me some links, i dont think i can say on here, he said to go for a TA role, which i have done, but the role states, you need to have experience etc.He finally done my CV only as i kept emailing him, he didnt even put my address on it.
      I found a college course which interests me, but i need to pay the full fee.I called Solice today, to see if they can find me another Careers Advisor.
      How can i when im on benefits.Its sooo frustrating.
      Everything is so slow, its probably me, as i want the future now.
      Just looking for happiness. We all deserve it. xx

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel … sweet4
      I sense your frustration but don’t give up.
      Start managing and controlling the little things in your life that you can and the bigger things will follow in divine order.
      In the mean time do all you can for yourself, we have to be our own cheerleaders
      Keep having faith … you will get the happiness you truly deserve
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

sweet4
      Participant

Thank you Darcy.
      How are you? xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Sweet4

I’m not sure if this will be helpful but I too found adjusting to being on UC for the first time difficult.
      Covid is making the job situation even more difficult. I’m looking at volunteering options to give me a little structure and to build my confidence again.
      I hope you’re able to find a new careers advisor soon and I think it’s fab how committed you are to looking to the future despite all the difficulties you’ve faced – that takes strength and resilience 🙂
      Take care and best wishes xx

sweet4
      Participant

Thank you
      Its all sooo frustrating,I had to contact head office, Careers,they got my so called Careers Advisor to call me, only to be told, i need a support worker from the job centre why oh why could he not of told me that from the beginning.Then he said, i would not get a job as a TA, as im not willing to do a course in Maths,im useless at it, you dont use it you lose it.Looks like its early retirement for me.
      I live in London, there is a waiting list for volunteering.xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content