Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m feeling very alone with this and although I know we can’t discuss details here it would be helpful to know if others out there have experienced this?

maddog
      Participant

One of the first things my ex did was to threaten me with a non-mol & occupation order. My solicitor told me to ignore it as it would take ages to get to court and probably wouldn’t succeed anyway.

It has been touch and go on whether or not to serve him with one as his behaviour has been horrible and he refused to move and refused to help with the house in any way at all. I decided ultimately that it wasn’t worth it. If it failed, it would have been hugely expensive and it would have made him feel even angrier and more entitled.

He has finally moved out. Hooray!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m glad to hear that you got him to move out without legal assistance. My ex is trying to stop me in everything I do with regards to trying to leaving the relationship, protect myself and be physically separated. I am hoping that one day things will be better than this.

maddog
      Participant

He was interviewed by the police who advised him that it was better that he move out voluntarily. I think they were sick of him causing them problems and they may have warned him that he could be arrested if they were called out again.

Every situation is different. For a long time I was terrified that if the police spoke to him I and the children would be in greater danger. It mashes your head.

Between the times of him saying he’d leave and actually leaving, he has been focussing blame on my elder daughter.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content