Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      trees
      Participant

hi ,

After quite a long time which has been a nightmare in a nutshell, a suspect will be interviewed – has anyone any experience of this ?. I am expecting it to be either a continuation of investigation or NFA (no further action ) because NFA is what normally happens statistically . There is a bit of support , though not much as services are busy. I am shocked by how little the Police inform me of , though they say this is policy and same for everyone in any investigation. Direct effect on mental health is massive as many people here say. It is exhausting though no easy answers I guess. I had no idea that the process was going to be such a long and awful bubble, that the services are so overstretched and that it is so dam lonely too X

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi trees, I’ve not been in your situation, just wanted to reach out as you do sound very lonely. Have you been to your doctor regarding this. Any and all information is relevant, you never know when it can be used to help you.
      Aye, even though you’re part of the situation, because of data protection act, the police can’t give out any information. All you’re wanting is peace of mind at the end of the day 😏 try to distract yourself, keep posting and keep learning.

IWMB 💕💕

maddog
      Participant

I feel for you trees, I really do. The first time my ex was under investigation my brain nearly melted and my heart nearly stopped. I was put on some heavy duty clonk pills by my gp. It was a horrible time.

The police don’t say much. Perhaps there’s really not much to say.

When I reported an historic rape because of something a former friend had told me about my ex, I had fewer expectations and when I was confused between the historic rape and what my ex had done to me and I made another statement about my ex, I almost had no expectations. Well, I anticipated at the start that NFA would be the result. I know that my ex has done terrible things to women before me. I doubt they will come forward unless something really traumatic triggers them.

For our own protection, these things are often best forgotten.

Please make contact with Women’s Aid and Victim Support to help you through this awful time. You are so not alone in feeling bitterly isolated. It is like wanting to know the unknowable.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content