Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I agree with what the article said about it being a “minefield”.
      When my abusive ex and I were finished, I deleted loads of posts and photos of us from my social media accounts, slowly working my way through years of stuff before I’d eventually got rid of the lot. He cyber-stalked me so in the end I just deleted all my social networking accounts completely.
      I now only have a couple of pictures of him purely for when my son is old enough to ask what his biological father looks like.
      But I know for a fact he still has pictures of me on his social media accounts – I don’t even know why. He hates my guts and tells everyone how pure evil I am, yet there my pictures are!

I think it so important for healing, moving on & protecting yourself from being hurt if you completely sever all contact from all social media. If I were to see what my ex has been up to and was up to when we were together, this would had been so bad for my mental health. It would have hurt me deeply. It may be putting your head in the sand but for me it’s the best way. You are torturing yourself otherwise. X*X

kitty
      Participant

My ex followed me under a fake name for ages. I reported it to the police. Under the terms of his probation he was meant to tell them all the names he used online…….he didn’t, so is in trouble!

That is scary kitty. How did you find out?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content