Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello there,
      Have a so-called ‘neighbour’ who I spoke to politely regarding some potentially dangerous substance that they had spilt in the hallway (won’t say what it was…) household stuff.

At the time figured they had spilt their shopping but it wsa dangerous for chlldren, dogs etc so I spoke to them about it.

I have felt that their behaviour was out of order for years, but I guess because they associate with the odd unsavoury character – I was too afraid previously to make a complaint with the housing association.

A few days afterwards – I was walking along the street quite peacefully and they launched a nasty, bullying verbal attack at me. Included a threat, bluffing and saying they had reported ME to the asosocation (no reason for doing that, I think it was just a threat).

Afterwrads I was shaking and it took me ages to come down from it. I didn’t sleep and the cortisol etc went up – leading to exhaustion.

I was determined though, not to start feeling frightened about going out( I have been in this situation before, because of them.

So I got an incident number from the police and made a report with it to the association. I’m now recording dates and times carefully.

Actually it is very frightening – but I crossed the line and am determined not to be ground down. My child was quite frightened too by what they had done – guess it is out of my hands now, as the procedure will take its course, I am slightly if not very afraid they will lie and accuse me of stuff, (which would suit them down to the ground) – don’t trust the asosociation particularly, but the police were better.

I’ve asked for a call back, fell asleep yesterday and couldn’t answer the phone when they rang…
      any thoughts/support ladies, Ive got to stay strong.

As I said, somehow this guy crossed my line. I am not going to feel scared when I walk 5 minutes round the corner, it is an awful situation to be in…we like our home and it is very important to us as it is near the school/facilities, etc really important too as our flat itself is very quiet, simple and reasonable rent etc…so in terms of stress I feel it would be really stressful to think about moving…;why should we?

all best
      ftcx

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely well done. I wonder how much of your fear is rooted in your past abuse and how far in reality would this person go. Most bullies will back down when confronted, so try not to worry about any repercussions. Should this happen you have lots of wisdom and experience to draw upon including a non molestation order? If you’ve been frightened to go out before because of them please let the police and housing association know about this too. It sounds like you did what any rational person would do in pointing out a hazard. They are responsible for their response, which is unacceptable. Hold your head high x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Good fir You ftc, bullies come in all shapes and forms. You only asked what any reasonable person would and he blew it way out of proportion. Intimidating you in the street is unacceptable and you did the right thing. You are definately learning not to let anyone push you around(cross your boundaries) as with all abusive people we know they’ll say they’ve reported you because you’ve reported them, it’s shifting the blame isn’t it? You’re also showing the wee one just how badass a mum she has, go you💛 it takes courage to face our fears and you’ve faced your abuser, so you aren’t going to let a nomark like your neighbour make you feel scared. 👏 when you go out in future, have your phone ready to record if he or anyone connected to him appears. Call the police at any point you feel scared and get whatever order you need put in place to protect you.
      You should be proud of yourself, you did good. 💜💜
      IWMB 💕💕

Hello, was feeling quite positive but spoke to a new officer who didn’t believe me about the threat,
      and did that thing ‘why was it threatening to speak to you on the street’/ They did not get it.

I was in the space of having to justify myself so had to end the call, or chose to, and said
      ‘I don’t trust you’. They seemed to be on the abuser’s side.

Dont think I will trust the police ever again.

ftc
      x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content