Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwon
      Participant

Well the csa called me  regarding all the child maintenance arrears they were going to enforce. Money that could have helped us so much. He has his own business and is well off. He has signed his car and house over to other people and told them he is unemployed with no income. So they will not for Persue him. All lies as usual. He wants so much about his parental rights and tried any chance to cause is trouble. How about actually paying something to help me bring him up.

He is the same as he always was. Living like a king with bailiffs at the door and no food. While buying the best car, best phone, best clothes. All for show. Hiding what a fake nasty man he is.

I am free. We own our own place. At least I am not stuck with paying his debts anymore. We have moved on. No debts. Food in the fridge. We have peace in our home. No raging scary person scaring us.

It just made me feel so sad for our child. How sad to not pay a penny towards his only child.

He never would have paid anyway but I took him on my self in court during divorce over finances and came out with a home for us.

He always used to tell me he would destroy me when the marriage ended but somehow I got stronger. He still hates me with such a passion that he wants to hurt his own child and it makes me want to cry today. Just ventingx

Poodlepower
      Participant

My 1st husband – the father of my only ( grown up ) child walked out of work the day I left him and signed on sick. He hasn’t worked since and consequently made zero financial contribution to my daughters upbringing.
      I raised her alone – well, with help from my wonderful parents- and she’s turned out so well! I’m so proud. She struggled academically for years but in the end achieved a 1st class honours degree.
      I can’t take credit for all her achievements but I’m kind of proud we did it with no help from her father. As an adult she’s made the decision not to have him in her life, after she gave him chance after chance.
      It’s the unsupportive father who loses in the end. I think they see giving money as somehow “losing” some silly battle. They are missing out on so much and they’re too stupid and self centred to even see it.
      I’d just withdraw from the battle if you can. They enjoy chances to continue damaging you. If you can afford to, let him keep his money.

Good luck x

Ayanna
      Participant

I just want to say how amazing you are.
      You succeeded against him.
      You made a much better life for yourself and your child.
      You won for sure.

Iwon
      Participant

Thanks for the replies. They really help. I have withdrawn from the battle. The csa told me to contact the benefit agency and report him. I won’t. I can’t waste my life on bitterness. We are better than that. I got a nasty abusive man out of our lives and God that was hard. Being married to him was he’ll every day.

We are free thank God. We have a good life and my son does not have to suffer him which means I do win xxxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content