Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

This is self pity on my part. I am up uncomfortably late most nights to avoid physical contact with my partner. It’s b****y exhausting. I need more sleep desperately.

But if I go up before he’s soundly asleep – snoring away like a huge hairless warthog (sorry,bad day here), then he’ll hug me or touch my waist or *shudder* rub my leg.

And the worst bit is i don’t stop him. I dont stop him because there will be a row. There will be insults. There will be shouting. There will be belittling. There will be a sulk lasting many days. The kids will notice. The kids might wake up.

So I clench my teeth, dig my finger into my palms and hardly breathe. I lay completely still and wait for it to be over.

I wear the least attractive pyjamas known to man too but alas, he seems not to notice.

Thankfully there’s no mention of sex at the moment. He hasnt been tremendously interested for a long time – my fatness, ugliness and terrible personality (his description, not mine) put him off (thank God for that).

So here is to more sleep deprivation but a blessedly uninterrupted night.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Sande, just sending some support, I’m still up for the exact same reasons! (And in ugly, mis-matching pyjamas…) x

Lottieblue
      Participant

Yes I avoid the sex like that, but also the opportunity for WIB (words in bed). I also jump out of bed sharp in the morning and disappear into the shower, even though all I want to do is make up for lost sleep.

Don’t you find yourselves asking how long it can go on? X

Catjam
      Participant

It’s exhausting isn’t it? Unfortunately mine won’t go to bed till I do. I have taken to wearing pyjamas, something he never liked me to do and it did create a barrier of sorts so I finally slept peacefully but his need for sex is clearly over riding his annoyance with them so he has started coming back into my side. My next is to move into the other room but that would really set him off.
      I was driving back from seeing my eldest yesterday and drifted across the road I was so tired. Thankfully I don’t have to drive anywhere the next few days.
      My doctor has offered me tablets to help but I worry he can take advantage if I use them and are too doped to say no.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello all, thank you all for your words of support and solidarity. I cant figure out how to tag people otherwise I’d reply individually.

To think of us all hiding in our pyjamas is sad and strange.

I also avoid chatting in bed and am definitely not at my best due to lack of sleep.

I dont know how it can continue. It’s grim

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content