Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cupofcoffee
      Participant

I’m in the middle of divorce proceedings and it feels like it is going from bad to worse, he seems to be getting his own way, and uses all contact to try and control me and abuse me. What are other peoples’ experiences of this? It is costing so much too for very little.

Ayanna
      Participant

Same.
      I can only encourage you to write complaints to the family court if you are not happy with the way you are treated.
      Speak up. Do not be silent.

And also, you can request a video link and you do not have to use the same waiting area and entrance as him.

Bubblegum
      Participant

I argree with Ayanna .Do all of the above as hard as it is (detail removed by moderator).Get as much support as you can possibly can even friends family .As my friend used to say one day all this will be a distant memory .Keep strong x*x

Serenity
      Participant

I had to go No Contact during divorce, because his abuse and intimidation escalated.

I would say to keep all contact to a minimum and say you will only communicate through your solicitor. I know it’s a shame that it needs to be done this way, but you are protecting yourself by doing this. These men will try to weaken and brainwash you to come out better from the divorce, or try to punish you by denying you what is yours. x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content