Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Since leaving my abusive relationship I have felt extremely depressed and suicidal and often thought I would not make it through each day. Somebody told me to think of the future and think of the first time my baby sees the snow fall and keep thinking of that moment to get me through these dark times. Today it is snowing and I feel so proud of myself that I have got to this moment that I have clung onto to get me through the suicidal thoughts. This morning I got my baby all wrapped up and took her outside to see the snow and her little face lit up, she couldn’t stop smiling she was utterly mesmerised. I cried with happiness that I got to see her beautiful face exploring the snow, thank you so much to the kind person who gave me this piece of advice when I was feeling suicidal it means everything❤️ X

KIP.
      Participant

Thank you for sharing this wonderful post. Suicidal thoughts are common amongst abuse victims and well done for pushing past them and recognising the joy that life can bring. What a lovely picture you’ve painted. Take a photo and start filling your album with wonderful memories. There are many many more good ones to come x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

You’re welcome darling, my tears run down my cheeks reading your wonderful beautiful moment with your baby. It takes simple beauty to keep on going. You’re a really strong person having pulled through dark times and a wonderful mother. Continue enjoying the many more first times and wonders to come when your little one’s discovering the beauty of life together with you. Enjoy it my dear.
      Sending you hugs and tickles for your gorgeous baby. 💕❄️

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content